Welcome to the official website of the Town Big Flats.
The unincorporated community of Big Flats is located near the geographic center of the state of Wisconsin in northern Adams County. The Town rests on Highway 13 between the Wisconsin Rapids metro area and the villages of Adams and Friendship and is one and a half hours north of the state capitol in Madison and 40 minutes north of Wisconsin Dells. The population was 1,018 at the 2010 census. Big Flats has three trout streams including the Big Roche-a-Cri Creek, three major rock formations including Rabbit Rock Park, and many ATV routes, snowmobile routes and hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities.
The Town Hall is located at 1104 County Road C, Arkdale, WI 54613. Telephone: 608-564-7754
Big Flats Town Officials
Town Board Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6 pm at the town hall.
- Board Chair: Todd Peterson (608-564-7142)
- Supervisor I: Jim LaPointe (608-564-2742)
- Supervisor II: Mark Reed (608-564-2601)
- Town Clerk: Mary O'Neil (608-564-7754)
- Treasurer: Sheila Smedbron (608-564-7463)
- Assessor: Associated Appraisal, Inc. 1314 W. College Ave., Appleton, WI 54912 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Transfer Site Hours of Operation
Drop off garbage and recyclables open only to Big Flats property owners with a valid site pass. Summer: Saturday 12-4, Sunday 12-4, Wednesday 1-6, Winter (daylight savings time): Saturday 12-4, Sunday 12-4. Please bring your tax bill or receipt to the town treasurer to obtain or replace a pass. Replacement cost is $10.